We Are Good For Your Business
THE EAST WELLINGTON CHAMBER OF COMMERCE is a non-profit business community organization, driven to build on our existing strengths to create a strong, vibrant and healthy local economy. We are transitioning into the new economy through business collaboration, inviting innovative ideas and methods to constructively and proactively support business growth.
The East Wellington Chamber of Commerce is a much needed voice of business, creating a network for business & community which advocates a healthy community economy.
Have a voice in your community and support other businesses by providing an economic anchor to our regional growth. Help shape our future, become a member of the Chamber. The Chamber is here to help you succeed.
What are the benefits to joining the East Wellington Chamber of Commerce?
- Expand your network opportunities
- Increase your profile in the community
- Develope your business and your profits
- Access member benefits and discounts
- Excellent advertising opportunities
- Take advantage of the Chamber Plan for the best health and dental coverage ever!
- Save 3 cents a litre on Esso gasoline
- Get Special Rates for Home and Auto insurance just for our members
The EWCC Mandate from our members
The EWCC encourages business opportunities in our district, which includes the Town of Erin and the Township of Guelph/Eramosa.
Our membership has been polled about our future mandate and here are the results of the questionaire:
There was unanamous agreement endorsing the EWCC to work with the Town of Erin to improve policies and processes when dealing with local business issues. Development charges, site plan approvals and permits topped the list of issues to be reviewed.
The goal: To improve the Town of Erin's customer service towards local businesses.
Now we have your mandate, we will work for the goal. If you are interested in contributing your ideas, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Chamber of Commerce?
A Chamber of Commerce is a group of business people who for mutual benefit, join together to meet their goals through a program of action. This means that each organization is unique in its specific purpose, which may or may not match the purpose of other Chambers of Commerce or Boards of Trade in another jurisdiction. A Chamber of Commerce or Board of Trade, therefore, may be dedicated to any one or any number of specific purposes such as: economic development, tourism promotion, lobbying government or event management.
The Five Pillars of a Chamber of Commerce
- Advocacy - Economic renewal and business competitiveness and helping business with government red tape.
- Marketing - Increased business exposure through Chamber programs and website presence.
- Networking - Strengthen local businesses through fellowship by sharing business expertise, opportunities and contacts. Explore new exposure opportunities.
- Business Education & Training - In partnership with Guelph Wellington Business Enterprise Centre and Waterloo Wellington Community Futures Development Corporation, the East Wellington Chamber of Commerce will respond to local needs through online business related webinars and seminars.
- Benefits - The benefits include the Chambers Group Insurance Plan, CCV Home and Auto Insurance, Merchant Services, gas savings with Esso plus more.
Serving Our Business Members throughout Erin and Guelph/Eramosa
See our video