5S Workplace Organization
5-S is the catalyst to many lean principles. This foundation of employee involvement builds excitement for the change process in your organization. This program is not just a collection of five Japanese words, but rather a methodical, systematic process for achieving shop floor organization and discipline. Upon completion of this workshop, participants will fully understand:
- What is 5-S?
- Why is it important to implement 5-S
- The five steps of implementation
- Tools and techniques for implementation
- Red tagging strategies
- The nine rules of 5-S.
- The keys to long term 5-S success
Visual systems make critical process condition information readily apparent to all employees and enable faster decision making processes. Utilizing practical examples & case studies, participants learn the different types of visual signals & how to develop visual standards to improve communication. Upon completion of this workshop, participants will fully understand:
- Methods and effective application of visual control systems in the workplace.
- How visual signals can significantly improve communication, speed up problem-solving and decision-making processes.
- Know the importance of developing standards.