Join us at the Chamber's second annual Women in STEM Conference, where you will be part of an inspiring conversation, hear stories of overcoming barriers that resulted in success, and learn how women in the science, technology, engineering, and math sectors are vital to a thriving business economy.
Enjoy a keynote from Professor Donna Strickland, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physics 2018 for co-inventing Chirped Pulse Amplification. A Professor at the University of Waterloo, Professor Strickland is the third woman in history to win the prestigious award and the first woman to be awarded the prize in 55 years.
Following Professor Strickland's keynote, hear short presentations from inspiring local leaders in the STEM fields including:
- Yumna Nasir, Facilities Operations Director (Construction) at Crosslinx Transit Solutions and Conestoga College alum
- Mary Wells, Dean, College of Physical Sciences and Engineering at University of Guelph
Join us as we hear inspiring stories, network with other business professionals, and advocate for women in the STEM fields!
- 10:30 am - Doors open
- 11:00 am - Opening remarks
- 11:15 am - Keynote speech
- 12:00 pm - Keynote Q&A session
- 12:15 pm - Lunch
- 12:45 pm - Ted Talk sessions (3)
- 1:50 pm - Event conclusion
- 2:00 pm - Event adjourns