Women of Distinction™ is a celebration of women who are role models, pioneers and outstanding achievers – they improve the quality of life in our community. The 2019 Women of Distinction™ fundraising event will take place on Thursday, May 2, 2019 at the River Run Centre and again this year we will celebrate and empower 20 remarkable role models, pioneers, and outstanding achievers from the Guelph community.
Women of Distinction™ supports Guelph Y programs for girls and women at all stages of life in Guelph and Wellington County, including:
- Power of Being YOU – A one day conference for young fem-identified youth that helps them build self-esteem and raises awareness about healthy relationships.
- Teenage Parents Program (TAPPs) – A program that supports the personal growth and development of pregnant and parenting teens and their families which connects them with valuable resources.
- Encore – A holistic program for women who have experienced breast cancer to help them build their own physical strength, as well as feel the strength of a community.
1. Anita Luu 11. Joanne Morant
2. Brenda Whiteside 12. Johanna Thackwray
3. Dolly Kambo 13. Kathy Tschirhart
4. Dr. Beth Parker 14. Kelly Legge
5. Dr. Dorothy Bakker 15. Melanie Dolmer
6. Dr. Jess Haines 16. Misty Taylor
7. Dr. Manjusri Misra 17. Raechelle Devereaux
8. Lynne McCurdy 18. Sara Sayyed
9. Indu Arora 19. Sequoia Kim
10. Jill Gill 20. Shelley Krieger
Marissa Teeter will be returning in 2019 to help our community celebrate and recognize 20 remarkable women on Thursday, May 2, 2019 at the River Run Centre. Currently Marissa is the Senior Vice President of Financial Services for IG Wealth Management Canada. As an active philanthropist and past Woman of Distinction honouree, Marissa brings a tremendous amount of passion and dedication when it comes to uplifting women in the community who work relentlessly to make Guelph a great place to work and live.
The YMCA-YWCA of Guelph is thrilled to have Lisa Lisson, President of FedEx Express Canada as 2019’s Women of Distinction™ guest speaker. The 2019 Women of Distinction™ theme 'My Journey' has a strong focus on resiliency. We couldn't think of someone better to represent this theme for our local community of hardworking resilient leaders.
As the president of FedEx Express Canada, Lisa Lisson has risen from an associate marketing specialist to one of Canada’s most powerful and influential transportation executives. As the leader of 7,600 employees across 64 locations, Lisa has helped build FedEx Express Canada into the most reliable courier network in the country, allowing consumers and businesses to connect Canada and the entire world with uncompromising speed and reliability.
Lisa has become a renowned public speaker in Canada and the United States for her revealing discussion about becoming the first woman and first Canadian president in FedEx Express Canada history. The sudden passing of her husband at a young age, raising their four children as a single mother, while building a successful career has enabled Lisa to acquire many insights and advice that she shares with her audiences with openness and frankness.